Recycling Aerosol Cans
Krylon® aerosol cans are made from more than 25% recycled steel and are designed for recycling when empty. The benefits of recycling aerosol cans include:
- Reducing the volume of aerosol can waste in landfills
- Conserving energy and natural resources needed to produce new steel
In fact, the Steel Recycling Institute maintains that each pound of recycled steel saves 5,450 BTUs of energy in subsequent steel production, as an alternative to traditional raw materials.
How to Recycle Steel Aerosol Cans
Recycling instructions for steel aerosol cans are easy:
- Use them up until the containers are empty
- Remove the plastic cap to be recycled separately
- Recycle cans along with other containers according to your local community guidelines
Please note that recycling facilities for steel aerosol cans may not exist in your area.
Krylon’s Spray Can Caps
Our redesigned caps not only use less plastic than our previous caps, but they also have the plastic resin identification code molded into the cap to make it easier to recycle where plastic recycling facilities are available.