How do I prevent air bubbles in spray paint?
Applying Krylon® spray paint in ideal weather conditions can help prevent air bubbles from forming on the surface of your project. We suggest applying Krylon spray paint when the temperature is between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and the relative humidity is below 85%.
Recommended Spray Paint Techniques
In addition to this, we suggest applying multiple thin coats of spray paint by following these application tips:
- Begin and finish your spray paint pattern off the object
- Release spray button at the end of each pass
- Use an even side-to-side motion
- Overlap your spray paint pattern by about one-third
Removing Spray Paint Air Bubbles from Project Surface
If spray paint air bubbles are released onto your project’s surface, follow these steps:
- Allow spray paint to dry
- Lightly sand the affected surface
- Reapply paint
For additional advice on preventing spray paint air bubbles, Ask Krylon.