- Krylon Fusion for Plastic® Textured Shimmer - White Sands (#2524)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Gold (#8260)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Copper (#8262)
- Krylon Make It Stone!® Textured Paints - Charcoal Sand (#18202)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Almond (#51506)
- Krylon Acrylic Crystal Color - Woodland Brown (#51298)
- Krylon Make It Last!® Clear Sealer - Clear (#18200)
- Plastic vase from craft store
- Flat glass candleholder (round or square) to compliment vase
- Flowers (your choice)
Glue glass candleholder to bottom of plastic vase to add visual interest to shape and weight to piece.
Spray interior and exterior surface of entire piece with White Textured Shimmer. This will give you a good base from which to start, a superior bond without primer and a safe paint for use on both plastics and glass. Let dry.
Mist entire piece with one coat of Make It Stone! Copper.
Mist again with Make It Stone! Gold with a light hand, letting glints of the copper base show through.
Dull the metallic colors with a stonier speckle by adding a thin outer layer of Make It Stone! Charcoal Sand. Let dry.
Add tone and depth by freehanding alternating vertical sweeps of color using Almond for the highlights and Woodland Brown for shadows. Let dry completely.
For a long lasting durable finish and protection from the outdoors, spray several light coats of Make It Last! to seal your project. Let dry completely.
Fill with your choice of flowers.
Modify this project by combining any stray objects together with glue to create new and interesting shapes. Visit a craft store and grab wooden craft pieces, glass vases, plastic bowls, or any other objects that are interesting to you and fit nicely together to create a custom piece of pottery by unifying the materials with any color of Make It Stone!® Textured Paints.