- Krylon Make It Stone!® Metallic Textured Paints - Silver (#8261)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - White Primer (#2614)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Krylon Leafing Pens - Silver (#9902)
- Wood Shelf
- Star Drawer Pulls – 3
- Moon Drawer Pull – 1
- Drill & drill bits
- Tack cloth
- Scrap wood block (to protect work surface while drilling)
- Unfinished Wood: Sand smooth and wipe clean with a tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Painted Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply Primer to seal the surface.
- Previously Stained Wood: Clean any dirt and loose paint from surface. Sand any imperfections smooth and wipe clean with tack cloth. Apply a stain-blocking primer, such as Krylon H2O Primer, to prevent the wood stain from bleeding through your paint finish.
Place primed shelf on newspaper to protect your work area.
Use ruler and pencil to measure across lower front of shelf and evenly mark where 4 drawer pulls should be attached.
Choose drill bit slightly smaller than size of screws provided with drawer pulls. Drill 4 holes in shelf (use scrap wood behind shelf to protect work surface). Remove dust with tack cloth.
Spray entire shelf with several light coats of Artic White. Let dry completely.
Using Silver Leafing Pen, paint shelf edges. Let dry completely.
Spray drawer pulls with several light coats of Make It Stone!® Metallic Silver. Let dry completely.
Carefully attach drawer pulls with screws and screwdriver to shelf.
Ideas to Inspire
Create relective baby bottles by spraying plain glass bottles with Krylon® Looking Glass® Mirror-Like Paint. Silk flowers complete the ensemble.