1) Lay the first card flat on a hard surface, but keep the card folded and closed. Turn the card so that the fold is on top and the opening is on the bottom.
2) Sketch an outline of a house in pencil on the card. Make sure to sketch symmetrical rectangular wings on each side of the house that will later be folded to create the sides of the house.
3) Cut out the outline of the house and the wings in one piece. This will provide two identical cutouts which will allow you to create a front and back of the house.
4) On the piece that will be the front of the house, cut slits in the shape of a capital letter "I" for windows and doors. The slits for the doors should be bigger than the windows. Fold back the small panels to open the windows and doors!
5) Fold the wings on front and back panels of the house and glue together create a 3 D rectangle shape.